Allegan Harvest Farm is seeking to raise funds for the initial start up cost.
It is our goal that after the first 3 to 5 years the farm will be self sustaining through:
- All buildings will be heated with wood, also potentially solar and wind power, and geothermal.
- Gardens, greenhouses, aquaponics, and livestock (meat, eggs, milk, fish) will provide much our food. Holland Rescue Mission, Kalamazoo Gospel Mission, Hungry for Christ and/or the West Michigan Food Bank will supplement our food.
- Income will be generated through the sale of
- Vegetables from the gardens
- Pork or chicken
- Fish from our aquaponics system
- Firewood from our land